How to book tatkal ticket online is a vast issue nowadays. Are you going with the same issue and looking for a way to get out of it? If yes, then you are in the right place. Because in this blog, I will help you to book tatkal ticket online with ease and at the end, I will share with you some Tatkal Booking Tips that will increase the chances of your tatkal tickets in getting confirmed.
Tatkal Booking Timings:-
Tatkal Ticket Booking Time has been changed from 15-06-2015. Now, Tatkal Ticket Booking Time of AC and Non-AC classes have been changed to 10 AM onwards and 11 Am onwards respectively.
Tatkal Booking Timing For Various Classes:-
For AC classes, the reservation window under the tatkal scheme will open at 10 AM on the previous day of the journey from the origin station of the specific train. The same for Non-AC classes will open at 11 AM on the previous day of the journey fro the origin station of the specific train.
Now, I will walk you through the process step by step.
Steps To Book Tatkal Ticket Online:-
Visit IRCTC and Login into it using your IRCTC username and password.
Click the dropdown button and select “Tatkal”. Then, click on check availability and fare. If the ticket is available, click book now button and if it’s not available, no need to worry because I will guide you regarding this at the end of this article.
Enter name, age, gender of the passenger and select your berth preference whether it’s upper, lower, side upper or side lower. And if you have saved the passenger details, click on My saved passenger list & select the passenger name of which you want to book the ticket for.
Enter the mobile number in which you want to get ticket status updates, then fill the captcha code and click continue booking.
Now, enter the payment details through which the payments for the tatkal ticket will be made.
Now, you will be successfully able to book tatkal ticket online.
Book Tatkal Ticket Online Tips:-
Below are some of the tips that will increase the chances of your tatkal tickets getting confirmed:-
- Create 3-4 accounts on IRCTC or else you can borrow login credentials from your family and friends. Try logging in from different systems/computers from different login accounts.
Note:- Don’t try to log in from different computers using the same login credentials, otherwise irctc may think it as suspicious activity and will log out from all of your accounts.
- Log in into the IRCTC account 5-10 minutes before the booking starts, or else you may face difficulty in logging in because of a huge rush on the website.
- Keep id card details ready of any of the passenger, so that you don’t get late searching for id card details.
- It will be better if you can save passenger details and payment details beforehand so that you will not get delayed while booking the ticket. As a result, you will have a better chance of getting your ticket confirmed.
- Before going to book tatkal ticket online, make sure tatkal reservation for your journey one day before the train reaches your origin station.Because in some cases, it might open 2 or 3 days before as the train reaches the origin on the 2nd day or more days of running.
- Let me give you an example, let’s say you are planning a trip from Nagpur to Chennai in Chennai Rajdhani Express (12434). In this case, the train reaches Nagpur on 2nd day of the journey/running, so here Tatkal booking opens 2 days in advance.
Pro Tips to book tatkal ticket online:-
- After Step 2(of Steps to book tatkal tickets online), Enter passenger details including name, age, gender, phone number and then instead of clicking on “next“, click on “Replan“, that will take you to the “plan my journey” page.
- Now exactly at 10 AM (for AC) and at 11 AM (for Non-AC), enter your journey date and try booking your tatkal ticket. you just need to make your payment by filling the captcha, as all other details you have entered earlier will already be there.
- It will be better to use net banking, preferably of ICICI and HDFC bank, as it is the fastest way to make payment. Because if you make payment through your card, you have to enter card details and then make payments, which is a time-consuming process.
If you are still having issues in booking a tatkal ticket, check out the video below, which I found on youtube and has helped me in getting my tatkal ticket confirmed. I hope this will help you too as well.